31.10.12

Thirty-One: Happy Halloween!

And Happy Birthday, Barnaby!

(Yes, I am wishing a fictional character a happy birthday - what of it?)

On another note, I really do hate 'dispassionate writers' - the ones who just go through the motions to produce something and never have a 'bad day'. All creative people have bad days. We all have days where we simply cannot work. We all have days were the thought that we suck is overwhelming. And if you don't at least have moments like that, chances are you aren't into the heart of the craft and chances are that you're just going through the motions.

I realise that a lot of people will scoff at this but passion for your work is very important and frankly if you never have those moments of doubt, I question your passion. Confidence is key, yes, but no one is without doubts. No one should be, in my opinion.

I think these moments of doubt are important. They mean that you're aware of your work and its potential place in a broader social sense. You're aware of your limits, your weaknesses and your issues.

But that's all just my opinion - likely to be just as flawed as anyone else's.

In a related matter, NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow.

I'm thinking of taking today and not doing anything really. It'd be nice to just not worry or be annoyed with people for a day.

Really, you cannot just offer me $100 a book to edit what is essentially a 376-page first draft. On top of that, don't ask for the books back if you know I've made notes in them. You'll get your books but you're not getting the notebook I actually used. You're not getting notes for free.

...

Some days I hate the living.

Anyway, I'm going to read back over my outline and see what I missed the first time around. I'm sure there's something.

I think I'll be able to just relax and write for a little while and I'm really looking forward to that. I feel like it's been forever since I could just... write.

I'm having one of my 'DO ALL THE THINGS' moments, probably because I'm annoyed, and I kind of want to get GIMP and Blender back so I can, you know, do more things like environmens and walk cycles and book covers.

All of this will probably fade out pretty quickly but still, I thought I'd mention it.

Certain people in this house always has game shows on an the TV up insanely loud. So that's really fun for me and my stress levels.

Well. Bye for now, everyone. This wraps up NaBloPoMo this month (w00t?) and I can't promise how much I'll be around during NaNo. Hopefully more than I think.

(I need to keep up with my project blog more, too... but for now I think I'll plan, crochet a little and watch tutorials in the hopes of becoming good at various free programs.)

*waves*