7.10.12

Entry the Seventh: Now I have to memorise a math book.

Also, I think I screwed up on the entry numbers and actually posting once a day. Don't care. Really don't care right now. Might care later but not now.

But my room is picked up. I can see the floor now and everything.

Also, earlier, I managed to do a three digit division and addition problem in my head... and I got the answer right. So, you know, what the hell? I... don't do math. Except apparently I do.



I also realised that I haven't been driving. Like at all. That's kind of a problem since I'll need my license before we leave (even though we have about five more months here...). Thing is, my grandpa makes me nervous. He was a test driver at Ford for a while, so he knows his stuff and that makes me think I'm doing everything wrong. Always. I know that's not the case - he's never anything but nice to me but still...

Oh, well. Just another thing, huh? Like that paper I keep forgetting to chip away at until I'm already very tired. *headdesk*

But. For right now:

Today, I have a treat (or an annoyance, depending on your point of view) for you all. I'm doing a room/bookshelf/DVD shelf tour... thing. But. I want you guys to do it too. I'd love to just pass this thing around and get to know people through their room/bookshelf/DVDs... or all three, like I've done. Because apparently, I'm an attention whore. And I'm all right with that.

So:


This is a part of my room. Note the awesome curtains. And the guitar case under the bed. See that desk thing with the lamp on it? The front part of that swings open. That's where a lot of my yarn and fabric are. Those are math books on the top.

This is another part of my room:

There are two sewing machines in this picture. And one dragon skull. (Am I cool yet? If the answer is no, please note the dragon cane leaning up against the dresser like a BOSS. Or the fake fox tail on the closet door. Also the computer bag. Because computer bag.)

The Singer 'Red Eye' on top

which might be a little blurry. Sorry, guys, it's been a long day.

And the Nelco in the cabinet it's sitting on. (Fun fact: My dad refinished that cabinet. And repaired both sewing machines. The Singer had been through a fire but it runs great now. The grey-ish box on it are the cams for the Nelco. The pedal is in the bag.)

Beside that is the trunk I was talking about before (with Yorick and Anubis on it).




Yorick is, of course, the dragon skull. Because I'm a geek. Anubis is just chillin' in the background there. By the fake roses. (Shut up. I like fake flowers and it's my room.) Is that plate with the candle on it upside down? I'm not sure anymore. Also the little dragon hourglass. And the candy dish. And the two small baskets, one of which is largely covered by my knock-off Wild Tiger hat. (I call it a Wild Tiger hat... it's striped.) And the rock candy in the bag in the first one and wow, I managed to cram a lot of stuff onto this trunk. 0.o


This is duct tape. Miles and miles of duct tape. I use it to make things. Things that I then use or try to sell, often unsuccessfully. There is also an awesome hat. You are jealous of the awesome hat.

In front of that is:


Both consoles. And a Polaroid 360 Land Camera. Yeah. There's also the matter of the 40-inch nightlight and the electric fireplace. And the gazing ball. You can kind of see them in the first picture. That's the edge of my DVD player on the left.

Also the bookshelf and DVD thing by the door. You know, a person's bookshelf can say a lot about them.

I am so cool. Look at all these books. Look at them! We're going to look at them very closely.



Shelf One


Empty Book, Life Sentences, A Deadly Game, The Dead Sea Scrolls, Milestone 2011, Calcaria, Abyss, Erased from Memory, Lonestar Sanctuary, together, The Wind in the Willows, The Grapes of Wrath, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, The Catcher in the Rye, Guilty Pleasures, What Time Devours, fan mail, The Client, The Devil Colony, So Close the Hand of Death, The Thief Lord, The Last Olympian, Humour Horror and The Supernatural, Politically Correct Fairy Tales, Johnathan Livingston Seagull, Working with Auras, Teachings Around the Scared Wheel, and three anxiety/self-injury workbooks.

Shelf Two

Sun Tsu's 'The Art of War', The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe, Transgressions (this one has ten novellas in it), The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, ES (Stephen King's 'IT' in German), Slaughterhouse Five, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Kathrines, Paper Towns, The Fault in Our Stars, The Name of the Star, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Empty Book, The Carrie Diaries, Lipstick Jungle, One Fifth Avenue, Several Gossip Girl Books

Shelf Three


Two Vegetarian Cookbooks, Fasting Girls: A History of Anorexia Nervosa, A Soldier's Best Friend, The Letter Q, In Search of Schrodinger's Cat, The Diary of Anne Frank, A Concise Biography of Adolf Hitler, The Sociopath Next Door, Inside a Cutter's Mind, Sorry I Thought I Loved You, Cut, Perfect, A Clockwork Orange, Rose Madder, The Smithsonian Institution, The Showa Anthology, A Darker Justice, The Killer Stain, Death Note: Another Note, Three Blank Notebooks, The Extraordinary Origins of Everyday Things, Pathways in Philosophy, Let's Learn Japanese, Criminal Law, Empty Book, The Bible, Empty Notebook

Shelf Four

Two Devil May Cry Novels, Five Trinity Blood Novels, Until the Full Moon (2 Volumes), FAKE (7 Volumes), D.N.Angel (11 Volumes), Godchild (8 Volumes), Trinity Blood (4 Volumes), JTHM Directors Cut, Batman and Psychology, Zen Speaks, Confucius Speaks, Empty Journal

Shelf Five

Understanding Nutrition, Abnormal Psychology, The Medical and Health Encyclopedia, Criminal Psychology, Forensic Psychology, British Poetry and Prose, Literature Textbook, The Comidies of Shakespeare, The Wit in the Dungeon, Berlin Diary, Matter Life and Energy, Essential Guitar Chords, Blank Photo Album, The Nazis and the Occult, The Compact Edition of the Oxford English Dictionary (2 Volumes)

And, of course, to make this even longer:

My DVDs... and games.

Top

The four against the bookshelf are about war planes (first two) and aliens (last two). The two holding those up are The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and The Matrix: Reloaded. The CDs are a few anime soundtracks (Sailor Moon, Bubblegum Crisis 2040, and FLCL), one Gary Numan CD (Cars), one called 'lo-fi vs. sci-fi', and two Deth Albums. The remaining DVDs are Dark Shadows, Volumes One and Two of the Devil May Cry anime, Howl's Moving Castle, and Thor.

First Shelf

Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Devil May Cry (1-3), Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Heavy Rain, Dead Space: Downfall, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Mirrors, 1408, Dead Silence, The Silence of the Lambs, A Scanner Darkly, The Strangers, The Breed, Sweeny Todd, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Second Shelf

Edward Scissorhands, SAW Trilogy, SAW Four, SAW Five, Knock Knock, Der Untergang, Death Note, Death Note 2, Death Note: L Change the World, Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji), Copycat, Red Garden, FAKE, Descendants of Darkness

Third Shelf

The Vampire's Assistant, Trinity Blood Full Series, Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion, Sci-Fi Collector's Set, Horror Cinema, Horror Collector's Set, Autopsy, Horrorfest, (Are you sensing a theme yet?) D.N.Angel, The Original Japanese Version of 'Pokemon The Movie 2000', My Neighbor Totoro, CATS

Bottom Shelf

Invader Zim Box Set, The X Files Movie, Futurama: Bender's Game, Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder, 6 Seasons of ATHF, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters, 2 Seasons of Metalocolypse, and 2 Seasons of American Dad!

So...

That's that. I wonder if anyone's opinion of me has changed just because they now know some of what I own?

Well, I pass this along to... anyone who wants to do it, I guess. I always like doing hauls and tours like this but I never think there will be enough interest. And then I thought 'Wait. It's my blog. I can do what I want.'

So I did.

And I hope that you all appriciate this because it's after midnight here (officially making it the seventh) and it has been a long day.

So bye for now, everyone. Have a wonderful day with your new knowledge and I will see you all soon.