14.10.12

Fourteen: I just keep finding ways to clutter up that sidebar

There are worlds beneath your skin
The deep running veins
Twisted by the wind
Tangle about your heart
Like the branches of a great tree

But then beware the noose
Covered over in the fall leaves
The vines that tie, the twigs the scratch
For nature is, as all true beauty
Impossible to catch

Now, can you guess the author? If you can't, then tell me what they mean by this - telling you to 'beware the noose'. Is it really about nature or more about the nature of beauty?

In any case, this is your homework (if you want to do it, that is. I am just a random blogger - I can't tell you what to do.)

Seriously, though, I just keep finding ways to clutter up that sidebar.

Oh, and about the 'fursona' thing. It's a play on the word 'persona' and it's basically an anthro personification of... whatever, really. It can be you as an anthro animal, or a completely different character, as long as they're some kind of anthro animal. I want to try something, so I'll be using the 'common Genet' (Garrett) in an extended writing project... all through school, if I can.

I have this kind of sci-fi idea that uses anthros/shifters as the main characters. He'll be a part of that but his character as of now will be in the story doubling as the team's medical examiner and resident mortician. He also assists the profilers when they need an extra hand... paw. Whatever. So. Since Morticia Addison over here plans on psychology and mortuary science, I figured I'd keep track of my experience here and his somewhere else so I can reference things and just remember how fun and stressful all of this was.

Besides, every good mortician needs a backstory and I need his to be pretty well filled out.

I think Memento Mori is probably a good pretentious Latin motto for me to adopt right about... now.

(Sumus Quod Sumus ('We are what we are' or 'We are because we are') might be a good family motto too...)

The upside of staying up and writing about the history of ghost hunting is that you learn all kinds of things... that are going to keep you up and writing.

But I have The Addams Family, so I'm pretty happy overall. Although I do wish my stomach would stop aching. It's just cramps but still. Ow, you know?

*sigh* What page am I on?

*looks*

I really shouldn't have looked.

*headdesk*

Really, the minimum of one chapter is done. That's about all I can say. And it's due by the end of the day today. And then I get to do it all over again for next week. I'm not really complaining, I'm just kind of tired and I know that if I go to sleep I won't sleep well and then I'll just be farther behind.

I have to get used to this kind of thing, right?

At any rate, I think I need a break. The actual second chapter shouldn't be too hard to write... it's just really not there right now. Maybe if I stop and read for a little while, it'll help?

I might try that. I just can't focus on anything right now. I'm, like, really badly ADD at the moment.

I'll get things straightened around. And the paper will be done by the end of the day. But right now I can't even get any farther on the Heavy Rain outline so... yeah.

Bye for now guys. I'll check in (hopefully with good, less scattered news) tomorrow. Until then, have an awesome day.

*collapses*