16.9.12

In which I realise that I'm an unorganised MoFo

You know those moments when you're talking with someone and they make a comment and all you want to do is say something snarky or bitchy in return? But you can't because you don't want to fight? Those are weird moments. I had a couple of them earlier.

But, yeah, on to the title. I have very little discipline and no organisation. That, I think, is really at the heart of a lot of the crap I complain about. I have a desktop calendar and if I would even half-ass use it I think it would clear up a lot of this.

Like, look at my list - just the projects I was working on in the space of the last couple of days:

- One pilot script (which needs to be about ninety minutes - around 110 pages, I think)
- One short novel/novella (no idea on length but it involves a lot of emotional pain)
- One outline (slowly coming together)
- One non-fiction paper (lol not even close to the halfway mark)
- Two fashion sketches (in my head >.>)
- The logistics of building a duct tape house (yes, you read that right)
- and one project blog (which may never see the light of day)

And why is none of this done? Because I have no organisation and no discipline.

Now, right now, it's a little hard to get because of the turmoil and the life upheaval and all that fun stuff but once things have settled down, I need to go through my life and my room and get things set up correctly.

Meaning, folders. And binders. And actually paying attention to where I put stuff.

I think I can handle that. I'm starting to think about all the things I can get done and all the new stuff I can do and that's kind of fun. I need to find my fashion croquis again. I have no idea where they are. I should probably just print some out. I mean it'd be a lot easier on me in the long run. Just have several so I can plan an outfit from all angles.

Yeah. Okay. I'm wound up, I'll admit, but my point is still sound.

So. I'm going to go and actually try to get something done before the sun comes up. (I'm starting to feel like a certain character of mine.)

Bye for now guys. This has been a personal pep-talk. Kind of.

*backflips into the cellar*