12.9.12

Okay so...

remember that editing job I spazzed about several posts back? (It was a while ago.)

Well, I contacted the client, whom I had been out of touch with this past month, and inquired about our contract. (Wow, I do not need to write like this - tone it down.) So they said that, since there's been a lot going on in their lives (it's co-authored) and since they're going to back it down to two books a year (so as not to over-saturate their tiny target market), I'd be paid 'significantly more' for my time.

I don't know what 'significantly more' (their words, not mine) means because it didn't feel right to ask but yeah. Feeling pretty good, actually. Kind of like:

but in a good way.

In other news... There is no other news.

Aside from the fact that I found an awesome, way too in-depth post about the history of Steampunk and have been struggling to find what to use as historical markers. (Upside: I'm almost done with the 'history of' section - about a page left to the minimum.)

And, aside from that, my mind is coming up with a soundtrack for the book I'm not writing. Why am I not writing? Because I am lazy and I have no idea where I'm going. Also stress.

So. I'm going to go and maybe work for a little while longer before I crash.

Bye, guys~ *waves*