19.4.12

Orthorexia Nervosa

Basically, orthorexia nervosa is a non-medically recognized term first used by Steven Bratman to characterize people who develop an obsession with avoiding foods perceived to be unhealthy. Now I realise that, if taken to extreme levels, yes this could be dangerous. However, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are going to use that as yet another way to rag on vegetarians and vegans.

No, this is not going to be some major rant. I just found it a little odd, is all.

Anyway, what's been going on?

It's cold and rainy here so that's awesome.

Also, I got to thinking about English VAs and English dubs in general (since with the Tiger and Bunny English version in the works, there's a fair bit of speculation on the cast). Now, a lot of people are worried about Vic Mignogna potentially being cast. While I don't hate Vic (for example, in the dub of Ouran High School Host Club I think his representation of Tamaki was more true to the character than the slightly snobbish tone the Japanese version had) I don't think he would fit well with the show. Vic is, in many ways, not a voice actor. That isn't to say he's a bad actor - not at all - but he is always Vic. You can always tell when Vic is playing a character because his voice is very distinctive.

In short, I don't hate Vic but I don't feel he could pull off a Tiger and Bunny role. I think his inclusion in the cast would be... rather grating, I'm sorry to say. (Just getting that out there... even though I doubt anyone cares.)

And that leads me to thinking about English dubs in general. Yes, the majority of them are really rough. The actors don't know the characters, the wrong people were cast for the wrong roles and it's in general a trainwreck. And then there are shows like Cowboy Bebop, where the general consensus is that the dub is better than the original Japanese version.

It's really a toss-up as to whether you'll get a good dub of a show or not. A lot of the English VAs do work very hard to get their characters right but, as I've always maintained, there are several ways to read a character and even if they seem to be simple, they're not.

I could go on and on but I won't. Instead I'm gonna jump thought trains and talk about Script Frenzy.

My main character is going insane. Like, 'seeing things' insane. I was not expecting that.

That's about all the updates on that, aside from the fact that I'm I-don't-even-know-how-many pages behind and somehow not panicking.

I don't know why but I just feel like things are okay. I'm not gonna argue with that ^^

There should be pictures of food (and maybe a desk) with the next update. So, you know, look forward to that.

For now, I'm gonna go try to figure out A) my website, B) my stories, C) the basic music, clothes, scents, etc. for those stories and D) what I'm doing with my life.

That last one might not get done for a while.

I'm really rambling and I don't have too much to say so bye for now, guys~ Just wanted to let you all know I'm not dead ^^