6.4.12

Windmills are the New Cows

You heard it here first, folks.

Anyway...

There's this asphalt path that winds along the muddy banks of the Wishkah River, ending up near the old guest house where the miners and travelers used to stay. It's long-since been converted into a hotel. The asphalt leads you from the hotel, under the old train tracks and off into the parking lot of the town's Wal-Mart. I used to walk along there when I was younger, thin little hands complete with chipped nail polish shoved deep in my coat pockets. I'd stand and stare up at the building, with its peeling paint and broken shutters.

Only some of that is true. Because apparently, I'm in 'writer mode' right now. Because I haven't been able to write for about three days and things are starting to itch. Anywho... we're finally done with the long days of driving. I could not be happier about this fact. I also found this and wasted a fair amount of time on it. (Just start typing - doesn't matter what.)

The thing is I am so tired/wound up/wtf I really don't know what to say. We're home now. And I'm tired.

Tomorrow I should be back on a more normal schedule and able to work on Script Frenzy and other things. I want to go wander around with Carmen again. He's fun. Also, my trip-addled brain is making it impossible to focus on this update so just know that we're in Washington and we're safe and I'm tired and I miss my imaginary friends.

The change in light levels has resulted in my mum's on-again, off-again relationship with her sunglasses, we're in a second floor hotel room in a rainy little town full of old buildings and lakes, I'm anxious and I feel fat but that will pass once I can get back to ripping fictional bad guys apart. I'm just insecure all over the place. Ick.

Course, that shouldn't be a shock to anyone who knows me well. Arcade (underground govenment agent) is kind of a passive death-seeker, Carmen (assassin/hacker) has a lot of psychological issues, Elliott is basically a terrorist... I think I just have a lot of problems with the world.

So, I am probably going to curl up in bed for a little while and then try to sleep. Hopefully, I'll be able to get something done tomorrow when my schedule is a little more normal. Plus, Blogger's new layout is giving me a headache right now. This whole thing probably makes very little sense but I don't actually care right now.

Night, all~