14.7.12

Moths

and sewing machines.

My father has a Nelco sewing machine he said I could have along with the Singer 'Red Eye'. It's good little machine, too. We were out in his shop for a while the other night, which was all fine until we had to go back in the house.

See, his part of the shop is all walled in and nice. A little dirty but nice. And there's a light in there. A light which we had on in order to see, of course. So, when we turned the light out and opened the door, I had to walk through a cloud of moths that had gathered just outside the glass in the door. Nice.

Also, Grandpa Bud says he thinks I look a little like Alison Krauss. So I'm kinda happy about that.

We're going over to a friend of the family's place around three this afternoon for this barbeque thing. (I'm hoping for side-dishes.) The guy's name is Larry and we're going over to give him a mandolin since his is, apparently, junk. It's weird though - it's his family reunion but we're all invited.

I'm in a library at 10 in the morning. This should be every nerd's dream. But rather than spazzing over the books, I'm strangely calm. Writing and just kind of waiting for things to happen.

My doctor character's kind of cynical so that's fun, especially since his intern is a bleeding heart,  save the world type who doesn't really know when to quit. So that's an interesting clash. There's also the matter of the Natural Order Initiative - which rejects medical intervention in cases of 'Red Fever'.

...

Yeah. My brain builds worlds pretty quick. It's kind of scary sometimes.

Anyway. That's about all I've got for now. I have my phone with me so I'll probably wind up texting my mum if I have some downtime at Larry's family reunion (which I'm still unclear as to why we're invited to).