25.3.13

Well, school's coming on...



No, really. I feel awful.

All right, that's kind of a lie. I do feel bad today but I think that's lack of food and not having a book I really want to read and not being able to focus enough to work and just generally being stressed.

Tomorrow and the next day will be spent at this kind of new student orientation thing, so that'll be fun. I just hope the people I meet won't be complete tools. I mean, I know there's some in every crowd but as long as I don't have to deal with them, I think we'll all be a lot happier.

What else?

I had a marathon of all thirteen episodes of K (I've also seen it as 'Project K' or 'K Project'). Actually pretty solid. I wasn't sure what to expect going in but I actually liked it. Being as compressed as it was (most series are around 24-26 episodes per season), there was a lot of the world that was left unexplored but apparently a second season was confirmed so that should hopefully remedy a little of that.

Psycho Pass ended. I drowned in feels because it's amazing. And now we're here.

The first two years of school will basically be maths, English, whatever else they consider the 'core classes' now, and whatever electives I take. This time round, it's Psych.

We talk about student activities on Wednesday. I wonder if there's anything really interesting I could get involved with.

. . .

You guys know how, on Six Feet Under, Nathan runs to Seattle to get away from the business? I kind of feel like I've been doing that on a much smaller scale. I've jumped potential jobs so many times in the past few months. But I've got it now. I want to be a mortician.

No, it's not easy. Yes, it's a weird job.

I am fully expecting to be sick and crying at home for a while going in. But that's just it. Most people would probably leave hearing that because why would you want to do something like that? The only thing I can say to that is 'Because it matters'. I'm a morbid kid. This is the business I've chosen.

And if you're anything like me and you're still in school, I've found a message that I listen to a lot:


(Also, check out the rest of her videos. She has a lot of good information and she's charming.)

And of course, you can always talk to me! (I'm not sure how much help I'll be at this point but that's a long-standing offer.)

Anyway. Maybe getting this all out will free me up a little to get my projects done. I just haven't been able to sit down and write for a while. I guess it was all the stress of the move and school and trying to figure out what I really wanted to do deep down. Honestly, I picked computer science because it was less of a hassle for my mum. Sweet thought, but not healthy since it never really felt like the right thing, you know?

That's not to say that computer science isn't interesting. It's still an interest of mine, just like psychology and law and all manner of creative endeavours. And of course, I'll never stop writing.

It's all a matter of willpower and prioritising - two things I suck at.

But it will get better. Because it will have to. Because I have school. So.

That was about all I had to say right now. There's a mortuary school in nearby to where we are now so that's good at least. It's a much smaller move and it won't be for a little while because money.

Also, and I hate to even say this but, I might have to have some of my tattoos removed. It's just the ones on my hands (one rose and one bat) but still, I like them - I don't want to have them go away. It's a lot of money and a lot of pain and I think I'm serious enough about this that I'm considering it which scares the hell out of me.

You know, I remember walking into a science class in school one day and thinking the formaldehyde smelled good.

*sighs* Okay, this was rambling and not much got done. (Mum and I talked and I cried because I like my ink but that was about all.) I think I'm going to go maybe write and organise and look around to see if I can't dig up any leads on intern-ships I could snap up late this year/early next.

Wish me luck and love, everyone~ I'll try to keep you updated better in the future.