8.2.12

Oh, What a Tangled Web We Weave.

That has nothing to do with this post; I just thought it sounded cool.

But anyway... The first three chapters of what I just call The Book are with a beta reader currently and I'm just waiting to be told what to fix, basically.

Lithium has been stuck in my head all day. Mainly because it's become the song I associate with Cityside (the short story) for some reason. Also, I realised something: Actual strangulation with intent to kill is really difficult to write well when one party is drugged and the other is insanely calm and kind of lovey about the whole thing. I’m also a tad concerned that problems like this are normal for me…

There's a research-heavy project that's been running in my brain. It's nothing much, just a novella series (currently titled 'The City of Dis'). It's meant to take place in most major cities around the country and to some degree around the world (just not all at once, obviously), following a musician and lower-level demon. And no, I don't know what to do with my brain at times.

So, right now, I'm listening to Tiger and Bunny character songs (and kind of in shock because OMG this song) and trying to make myself work. That's going about as well as can be expected.

Oh, well... Onward to mediocrity!