22.2.12

Muggle Quidditch

Yes. It's a thing. And I (after a few simple changes, maybe) really, really want to play.

Like, the only problem I have is really the broomsticks. It's Muggle Quidditch. If you're not flying, there's no point in them, right?

1) Leave the broomsticks out (though maybe keep the 'Brooms up!' call as a throwback to the original version)
2) give the Seekers those shrill, ear-bleedingly loud whistles that the refs use - you know, the ones that everyone stops when they hear them - so they can signal when the Snitch has been caught (this also means you can have a bigger field)
3) have the Seekers either function as fourth Chasers until halftime (when the Snitch should be released) or have them sit out.
4) The Snitch is still worth 150 points. Why did you guys change this?

Quidditch is about the only sport I give a darn about. And I find it sad that a Florida college has a team but the one in Washington State I want to go to doesn't. I might have to fix that if I can.

So yeah. This is as 'sporty' as I get. Enjoy it. It doesn't happen often.