9.6.12

The Booker Award



I arrived to find that Siana Blackwood had passed me the Booker Award! (Thank you so much!) The rules for this award are:
  1. This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books (reading or writing is okay)
  2. Along with receiving this award, you must also share your top five favourite books you have ever read. (More than five is okay) You must give this award to 5-10 other lucky book blogs you adore.
 As to favourite books, I'd have a different answer every time I thought it over and I haven't read as much lately so, currently:

1. Looking for Alaska by John Green

It's hard to explain why this book got to me like it did. I guess it's just the fact that very few books have been easy for me to read and still had some message that I felt was important without the author shoving it in your face and not letting you think for yourself. That's a balance that I think Green hits time and again.

2. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Not quite what I expected but well worth the read. Riggs managed to blend the past and present into a cohesive tale, something that is typically difficult as most people only use the present as a framing device.

3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

What can I say about this one, coherently? Not much, as it turns out. TFiOS is just one of those books that gets you thinking about time and your relation to it as well as what constitutes heroism.

4. Perfect by Natasha Friend

I read this one a while ago and I think it was what first got me thinking seriously about the whole 'write like you talk' thing. It also may have sparked my interest in psychological disorders.

5. Sorry, I Thought I Loved You by Michielle DJ Beck

Nonfiction. Another book that got me thinking. Beck walks you through her life and marriages and explains about relationship addiction and codependency using herself as a relatable example. I saw a lot of myself in what she had to say.


I would love to have a list of writing blogs to pass this along to but I kind of... don't. (I think you people think I'm kidding when I say you're my only friends...)

The ones I know of are:

1. The Pillsbury Dough Girl
2. The Redhead
3. Um...

I was trying to pick people that hadn't been named yet but I've got no one. Siana kind of took the only other person I remember, God of Ephemera, so... yeah. I suck at these kinds of things and I do apologise.

Anyway, I'm rambling, so back to my day. Whee!