20.6.11

Technology and macaroni salad

Before I say anything, I'd like to point out that in spite of the ranting nature of the following post, I do in fact love technology to the point where I'm more likely to jump to write an idea simply because it's Sci-Fi. I love to speculate (which probably explains why I'm a 'speculative fiction' writer) on future things and advancements. That said:

OMG, my computer! It decided to have a glitch-fit yesterday and eat everything I did. So everything I wrote for the last word war: gone. So, so lucky I backed everything up, like, right before it exploded. I still lost all of my bookmarks, though and any programs I installed (which means LivCut, LevelOffice, GIMP, yWriter, my Mirro Player and everything else is gone). I even lost my kick-ass Starfighter background. :( It's basically back to factory default settings now. BUT.

It's fine, now, though. Happy and healthy. My roommate fixed it (and I *anatomically-correct heart* her for it) She gets a virtual kitty: =^.^=

So right now, as I'm typing, I'm sitting at my kitchen table with yarn, my computer, a few small pastries and a dish of macaroni salad hoping to get some semblance of caught up. (I'm hoping to get caught up; the macaroni salad is just hoping to get eaten.)

Tomorrow is Tuesday, though and we've decided to make Tuesday our day to go out and do things so that should make me feel a little better. I can swing by the coffee shop and maybe it'll unstick my brain a little. It's usually good for that.

I love my computer (it's a little red and black Toshiba and it's cute ^^) but sometimes it just frustrates me. I have a new kick-ass wallpaper this time, though (since for some reason, I can't find my Starfighter one) and it actually goes with this month's story theme. In other words, it's Death. I think I'll change it out at the start of the month so the image goes with the story. It might keep me a little more on track.

I'm just rambling now. But really this is the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put! <-The sad thing is, this is actually grammatically correct. You really shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition. Then again I do it all the time. Anyway...

I'm gonna scramble back to work now and see if I can't get caught up. Wish me luck and sugar, Ink-Slingers and as always, Don't Forget To Be Awesome. ^^