29.1.12

Well

I think the phrase of the day is: "This is your world, not mine. I will help you from mine."

At least I want to.

This apparently means 'Time to recruit people as beta readers and then actually finish that thing you were working on so that you actually need said beta reader'.

I have one short story to go to her and I'd sort of like an outsider's opinion on the first chapter of the novel. Not sure on that, though. I'm kind of paranoid of it. I mean, I realise that 'books are not babies' and all of that but... it is. I mean a first book is an ordeal and this one has changed so, so much since the first draft. I'm starting to believe the whole 'books are made in revision' thing.

So, since it's after five in the morning, I had a nightmare, I'm tired but I don't want to sleep and am hence currently rambling and unintelligent as if my life depended upon those two qualities, I'm going to go try to do something constructive.

I also broke a nail and so now one is really short and it's just weird. I'm hungry and sad and it's just not a fun moment...

I think I would want to work in a library. Like, once I get settled where I'm going to live and all that. Just find a library and work there.

(You can really tell I'm sleep deprived.)