11.8.13

I am not dead.

I am, however, very tired. I'm pretty sure that my legs and back will not like me by morning. BUT. That's kind of okay because all of the stuff is out of the rental and in the new house and I am so done (like 5000% done) with moving for a good long while now.

Also, I've had an idea for a friendship basket.

Basically, the deal is that a friend of mine and I will make up these small-to-medium sized baskets full of things that we love but are okay parting with (like copies of things we really like and/or things that we've made just for the basket) and then switch them at DashCon. That way, we have a reminder of the trip and we get to know each other a little better through what we filled the baskets with.

I love the idea, really, and I've been working on a list.
  • A small book/binder of ramblings/letters/photos/drawings/etc.
  • A mixtape/mixCD (are those even cute anymore?)
  • 2 scarves (one green and black, one pink and white – need softer yarn for these)
  • One Tiger/Bunny plush (they can’t be that hard to make)
  • One plush moose (with tag reading 'I moose you')
  • One ‘Welcome to Night Vale’ painting on small-to-medium canvas (Welcome to Night Vale)
  • One ‘Heart’ painting on small-to-medium canvas (anatomically correct/paint or ink and coloured pencils) - (Depraved Heart Murder at Sanatorium Square)
  • Maybe a couple/three duct tape flowers/pens
  • Writing! You’re a writer – there should be writing of some kind.
The small book/binder is going to be an on-going thing for the next (almost) year, the mixtape will take a little bit to figure out (since I want to splice in some Night Vale stuff), the scarves are pretty simple to make and the Tiger/Bunny (and the moose) plush shouldn't be too much of a hassle. The paintings, I'm looking forward to even though they'll probably cause me a little trouble before I get them to a point where I'm happy with them. I am prepared for this. Duct tape is a speciality of mine so the flowers aren't a big deal. And the writing... well, I have one story almost done already so... yeah.

That's just a first-draft list but I can't see things changing too much. I like it as is ^^

But yeah, that's about where I am. Awake, writing, planning, wanting to organise things but the paint isn't done yet so I kind of can't - at least not completely. But things are getting done and my room is really cosy so yay~

I appear to have straight A's again and that's nice. Oh, and my grandparents were up to visit for a few days (before turning around and driving two-or-three days back to rest and pack up a moving truck) and it was just so nice to see them again.

And, yeah, this has gotten pretty rambly but I wanted you all to know that I'm all right - it's just that a lot has been going on lately. So... bye for now, everyone, and I will try not to let this blog just sit for so long in the future.