31.1.13

January

was interesting. Here is a list of why:


  • I've written 103,197 words this month. Wow.
  • I've learned that whatever word count the story comes out to is the word count it's supposed to be.
  • I've learned that most of the time when you edit something for someone, be prepared for them to bail on you without even saying 'Thank you'.
  • I've gotten a little obsessed with Psycho Pass (which is a great show, if you haven't seen it. It's like if Sherlock Holmes, Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell had a biologically impossible baby).
  • I found out about Monster and discovered a need to watch it.


January Challenges:

Twelfth Generation (Disaster/Horror/Magical Realism) - 25282
Time and Tide (Romance) - 15003
The Soul Game (Flash Fiction/Horror) - 1001

Also, I'm pretty sure that someone is going to die horribly in the next episode of Psycho Pass. I just... I-I'm bracing for that. Don't get me wrong, I love Urobuchi Gen's style. I don't want everyone alive and whole and happy at the end of a story - that's not how life works. But still... he calls episode 16 his 'masterpiece' and that just scares me. Apparently some of the staff cried.

Needless to say, I'm concerned.

I mean, the fandom calls him 'Urobutcher'.

Anyway...

I'm gonna go watch 'Monster'. It's, like, 74 episodes so that should keep me busy for a while.

I hope everyone's have at least a decent year so far and I will check in with you all... sometime later on. Weather permitting, I'll be moving in February. (Little panicky about that.)