17.4.14

Four in the morning blog

Because life is fun like that sometimes.

I have a lot to do. Well, not really a lot but a lot for me since I'm not used to much, to be perfectly honest.

I have writing to do - seriously, I want to get this project done because it's fun and actually really good story-wise and I want to see it out there - and I have four classes to keep track of (because three of them are online) and one of these classes has an annoying amount of simple work to do (like journals and two forum posts on like three different boards each week for eleven weeks and... yeah).

Also I made this creepy thing:


It's a drawing of a rabbit skull. And crossed fountain pens. Because... reasons.

But yeah, this decided to crash my computer when I tried to do a  layering effect on it in GIMP so I decided to leave it as-is. I'm showing you this thing because, unlike my writing and school work, this is actually done.

And, a couple nights ago, I got super bored so I put on a mask and took pictures with my webcam.


This has kind of a YA book cover look to it. (I kept getting distracted by trying to look decent so I closed my eyes.)


"My, my... How terribly interesting, Lord Beckett."


And that was me hoping the cam would pick up some of the details. I was planning on using this as part of my rave costume for DashCon but sadly the rave was cancelled. *sad* I might still bring it though - wear it to DashProm or something - because, really, I should apparently always wear a mask.

But yeah, that's about all that's been going on lately. My one on-campus class is Film Interpretation, though and it's been really fun so far. I way-over-analyse things anyway so it's not really much of a stretch to think about a story like the teacher wants us to.

My math teacher is apparently Irish (if his faint accent in his lecture videos is anything to go by) and he's a little like a puppy in that he's all enthusiastic about students and stuff. I'm trying to find it charming.

It's kind of cool that we actually have book work for the class though, instead of it all just being online.

I have a scientific article to track down for Astronomy (and a journal to do, and a few posts to make) before Sunday, but it won't be too bad if I can just keep up.

So that's where I'm at right now. I think, since my brain is just slightly fried right now, I'm going to read for a little while and then try to sleep. I'll have to be up by at least 11 if I want to get anything done tomorrow and I do have a math section due by the end of the day so... yeah.

Goodnight for now, everyone~ I'll check in probably sometime next week, hopefully with good news about life in general.