31.12.13

My Family is Amazing People

"I tried to make a crochet snowflake or two for my mum. The one I have is kind of a mess and I sort of want to cry." - A tweet I never sent because it was five in the morning and, to be fair, that's really sad.

But Christmas was really... really good this year. Nothing big and full of lights and utterly amazing in that made-for-TV movie kind of way happened but it was a wonderful day. My family is amazing. Full stop. My mum and my grandparents got together and gifted me the money I needed to buy my ISBNs which means all I need to do to be able to start my company is all of the nit-picky, pain-in-the-ass stuff (and the writing. Writing is a good thing, though).

I also got this message from a dear, dear friend of mine:

Aww sweetheart! *hugs tightly* Wait I'm your best friend O//O oh gosh, I don't think I've ever been anyone's best friend before. You're just so...sweet and caring and you're just so kind to everyone and you're so tough I just really think you're awesome. Seriously though, after meeting you you automatically became my hero and someone I looked up to.



So, that's something to be insanely thankful for.

Really, 2013 was kind of a crap-shoot overall but there were good moments and a weird year typically means that the next little while is going to be full of a bunch of stuff that will actually advance the plot. So. I'm going to relax for the rest of the year and make sure my lists are all updated and all that and then at midnight, I'm going to reset my progress meters and jump in again with the writing.

I'm actually cautiously optimistic about this next year, you know? I have no idea why but I'm not going to argue with it.

I hope 2014 is a great year for all of you and I will see you all soon~