25.1.15

Five in the morning

Books are not absolutely dead things, but do contain a potency of life in them to be as active as that soul was whose progeny they are; nay they do preserve as in a vial the purest efficacy and extraction of that living intellect that bred them. Unless wariness be used, as good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye. -- John Milton, Areopagitica: A speech of Mr John Milton for the liberty of unlicenced printing to the Parliament of England
I remembered this quote (well, I remembered a part of it and then had to look it up) and thought it would be good to keep it here so I can come back to it.

I don't know what today's going to be. Like at all.

I feel very strange (though not exactly bad) and I'm just hoping today's a good day.